Greg G.

Default Refurbished Unisaws

rickluce said:

That would be the way to do it, if you had the time. Get a bargain on a
vintage unisaw, have the top flatground, buy a modern motor and link
belts and off you go. The first thing I was disapointed with when I
received my unisaw a couple of years ago was the thickness, or thiness,
of the base sheetmetal. I haven't looked at older unisaws, but they
must be thicker.

It would be, if you could FIND one. In these parts, I can't find much
of anything other than used, broken Ryobi and B & D tools.
And the price Redmond gets for a "vintage" Unisaw is pretty steep.
Here is an example - $750 - ouch!
http://www.redmond-machinery.com/ima...a/P1010020.JPG

Whole lot-o-work to get this usable...

I'm not really into restoring old machinery at this point, although I
did restore old cars in my youth. And the stories of the widow
selling off the "old saw" in the basement for $300 just ain't
happening - at least not for me.

Greg G.