Roger

Default spray paint can question

I had a can of WD that had fallen on its tip. It was so screwed up
that it wouldn't even spit. I tipped it over with the bottom up at an
angle and stuck it with a scribe. (I was outside when I did this).
As the scribe pierced the can, it did spray a bit but only a little.
After a short time, the pressure bled off and the can was inert. I
drained the WD out into a bowl and everybody lived happily ever
after....

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:23:43 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:

Is there any safe way to open a still-pressurized can of spray paint with a
completely plugged nozzle, to get the paint out so I can brush it on?

How about if I made a tool e.g. drilled a small hole in a Popsicle stick or
tongue depressor, turned the can upside down, removed the nozzle, and depressed
the valve stem with the hole aligned? Maybe the air would all come out and leave
the paint inside, then I could cut it open any way I wanted reasonably safely.

Ideas? Experience?

GWE