SQLit

Default pool pump

wrote in message
ups.com...
Three months ago, we resurfaced the pool with Diamond Brite, replaced
the pool filter, and installed a new pool pump. Ever since, the Pool
Valet (caretaker) system has bubbled. (It did not bubble prior to the
resurfacing project.) The pool contractor says, "Not my problem." The
pool service company says, "Not my fault."
I took the filter out to have a look at it. The filter contained
enough sand and gravel to fill two 2 ounce bathroom cups. Plus, I
could see loose gravel in the bottom of the filter tank.
When I took the lid off of the pump, the first thing I noticed was the
fact that the filter basket was mis-shapen from having partially
melted. The little basket contained, as you can imagine, more gravel.
With the basket out, I could reach into the hole and scoop up gravel.
What can I do to
A) rid the system of the gravel
and
B) get the pump to stop sucking air?
PS-I don't care who's at fault. I just want the pool to properly
function and stop sucking my wallet.

Who replaced the pump and filter? If you did then your on the hook. If one
of the contractors did then I think they are on the hook.
Just how did you take the filter out? Paper filter?
Get a new basket, of the proper manufacture. The right basket saves the pump
from stray trash.

Sucking air is pretty easy to find start looking at all of the joints where
the new equipment was installed. Saran wrap or similar wrapped over the
joints TIGHTLY will help ya find the leaks.

Oh the "the hole in the ground where all the money goes"