TKM

Default Compact Fluorescent light bulbs?

"k" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Roger Taylor" wrote in message
. ..

"BE" wrote in message
Howdy, anyone here have any experience with Compact Fluorescent light
bulbs? My wife just had an Oprah moment and is singing their praises.
http://www.servicelighting.com/catalog_product_list.cfm?cat_num=020203&link_c=lig ht-bulbs-fluorescents
I'm sure that there is an energy saving, not sure about the type of
light - if its annoying to anyone etc.

Three years ago we changed about 40 bulbs throughout the house with
compact fluorescents, and only one has burnt out. The lights are
instant-on, do not flicker, are a pleasing yellow-white light, and take
less than 1/4 the juice to run, vs incandescents, so payout at two
dollars a whack (common on-sale price) is impressively short.. You get
the drift . . . .we've become total fans.

SNIP

In my experience, they work very well and are much improved compared to 3-5
years ago. Buy the "Energy Star" labeled versions. Those types have gone
through an evaluation process to make sure that they meet life, light output
and color standards.

Look at the lighting fixtures at www.lightingfortomorrow.com for some ideas
about new lighting fixtures that are designed to use CFLs.

TKM