James Sweet

Default Missing coax connector on TV

fybar wrote:
James Sweet wrote in
newslQ8f.415$hp5.248@trnddc04:

Actually, I didn't. I don't think anything is ruined. There doesn't
seem to be any chips on the board and the coils look fine, the ones
I see anyway. I have taken a photo and posted it, if anyone would
take a look and let me know what they think the extent of the damage
is:

http://home.comcast.net/~fybar/TV_034.jpg

I could take more or answer questions about what is there. Thanks
again to all who have posted,

fybar

Oh, yeah that just ripped the connector out, should be pretty easy to
fix it with a connector from any junked set.

So, I can just glue another connector on there? Is there no physical
connection? How does the signal get transferred from the connector into
the tuner? If there is a web page that describes this, that would be fine.

Thanks!

fybar

Well you'll have to solder the center pin of the connector to the pad it
was originally connected and mechanically connect the outside of the
connector to the metal shield, you need to make sure there wasn't an
isolator in there as well, but it doesn't look to me like there was. If
in doubt, have a tech fix it.