joe2 joe2 is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Boettcher
On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 09:38:47 -0400, Greg
... And I would hurry. Trend indicates that at sometime in the future,
all woodworking machinery will come from China. Very sad in IMHO.
Frank
Fwiw, it would be in error to presume China cannot or does not produce a quality product. It would also be in error to presume all product that comes from China is quality. Same for Taiwan, where most (all?) cabinet saws are at least in some part now made.

It’s hard to talk about “made in …” without getting into politics. Anyone that watches the global political and economic landscape is aware there is a serious problem with China’s robust and stable economy, global distribution network, securing deep-water shipping port around the world, her buying of gold on the international monetary market, and our trade deficit with that country. It affects not only our nat’l security, but global security as well. China wants to take over the world and she is now well placed to do so economically, and thus improving her chances militarily.

Personally, I boycott anything marked “made in China”, been doing so for most of two decades, but it’s getting harder and harder to get around.