dadiOH

Default What is the finish on pub tables?

Owen Lawrence wrote:
Sometimes I see this really thick finish on rustic looking tables
in some bars or pubs. It fills in every dent and ding and it's
really thick, maybe up to 1/4" deep in spots. Kind of yellow, some
kind of resin or something.

I've got some construction grade plywood I'd like to cover like
that, to make it smooth and strong. Can anyone tell me what it would
be? Is it polyurethane? Is it applied in many layers or can it be
done all at once? (Maybe some kind of epoxy can be done all at once.
You tell me.)

Polyester resin done in one pour.

--
dadiOH