DonkeyHody

Default Refurbished Unisaws

Greg,
I bought a factory reconditioned Unisaw a couple of years ago from
Redmond Machinery in Atlanta. My story is long and I won't repeat it
here. If you want to read it, cut & past this:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...53276751add9d8

Bottom line is that I've been very pleased with my saw, and the way
Redmond Machinery took care of me. I have found NOTHING different from
a brand-new never-used saw. I'd buy a factory reconditioned saw again
in a heartbeat.

DonkeyHody
"Even an old blind hog finds an acorn every now and then."

Greg G. wrote:
Local dealer is selling "factory refurbished" Delta Unisaws with the
50" commercial Beisemeyer Fences, model 36-L31X-BC50 for $1299.
They look like new, but only have a 6 month warranty.

Is the Unisaw still worth having, or would a Grizzly 1023SL be a
better choice. Although I own many Delta tools, I haven't been very
happy with the last few Delta products or their customer (non) service
as of late.

Are the handwheels durable and heavy enough to give the mech a nice
feel? Or have they cheaped out and gone to aluminum or (shudder)
plastic handwheels? Are the trunnions the same as they used to be?
Do they still use that overpriced proprietary motor mount?

Anyone bought one of these, any caveats?

Thanks,

Greg G.