Frank Boettcher

Default How do I remove the spindle from my Delta Shaper??

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:26:41 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I just brought a 20 year old Delta 43-221 shaper. Unfortunately it did not
come with manual.

I "believe" I can remove the spindle and install a router collet in it's
place; but it beats me how that would be done. Any advice would be
appreciated. It appears to be exactly the same as the Grizzly GO510Z.
Maybe the spindle comes off the same way?

Call Delta Customer service and ask for Tech service. I'm not
familiar with the number. Most Delta shapers had removable spindles
with morse tapers that can be knocked out of the cartridges by
removing the nut and giving the spindle a protected (block of wood)
pop. Many had router spindle adapters that could replace the normal
spindle. But some had cartridges without removable spindles. Had to
replace the whole cartridge or in some cases turn it over to get a
different diameter spindle. There are some oldtimers in tech service
that should be able to help you.

Frank