pyotr filipivich

Default shop music?

Let the record show that Anthony wrote back on
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:17:48 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
Grant Erwin wrote in
:

I've been following this NG since about 1994 and haven't noticed this
coming up. I listen to music in my shop, like many guys. Can't stand
the radio, so I make MP3 CDs with about 150 songs on each of 'em and
play them through a little Walkman-type player, into some Bose
self-powered speakers. Works great, but I need a better stand for the
player. Anyone designed one? Should protect it from chips and dust,
but be very accessible and very stable. - GWE

In the garage/shop/hideout, we have an old cd equipped stereo system in
an old kitchen wall cabinet. Set of cheap, but decent speakers. Volume is
never up very much, just background music mostly. Helps me relieve
stress.

I've seen better systems mounted in guys tool carts than I have at
home. I can hear (at least the base line) over his machine, the machine
between us, and my machine. :-)

tschus
pyotr

--