joe2 joe2 is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G.
Well, based on the model numbers, those are old models -
Not that it matters to anyone but the marketing department...
Pretty good prices, however, even if they are old stock.
Newer ain't necessarily better...
Greg G.
I called Delta about the saw (36-L3B) before I bought it; they said it is current Unisaw product, (1) 36-953 saw, (2) BC50(W?) Biesemeyer Comm Fence w/ext’d table, (3) 50-284 mobile base. A local retailer told me Delta renumbered their products not long ago and it has everyone confused. Sound right?!?

That website shows inventory on hand, don’t believe it. They sell out the Unisaw faster than they can get them in. They sell a lot of Unisaws, even while in transit to ship from 1 of 3 distribution points in the US. When I bought my Unisaw it showed 4 available, down from 10 the day before. When I called to order it, they said only 4 saws actually on a truck in route from Delta/Tenn to distribution in New Mex were still available. The saw arrive at my home a week after I ordered it, literally moved off one truck and onto another.

Edit: anyways, my original point was that a brand new Unisaw + Bies comm fence w/ext table + mobile base can be delivered to you for (now) $250 more than one of those referb’d saws.

Last edited by joe2 : October 29th 05 at 01:13 AM