Default Using Splicers and Tap Connectors with Aluminum Wiring instead of Twist On Wire Nuts?

I am not convinced there is any "safe" way to fix this problem short of
replacing the offending wire.

Keep in mind that the problem wire is not the aluminum wire that is
commonly used today in larger sizes, but the small gauge wire once used
to wire up branch circuits in homes.

i think you realistically have two choices - one is to bite the bullet
and replace the wiring. The other is to leave it alone. As an amateur
you are likely to makke the situation worse rather than better.

Bud-- wrote:
Harry Muscle wrote:
The ones I'd use aren't too large, about 1.5 inches cubed for the tap
connectors and I'm hoping the dimensions for the splicer is listed in
cm or otherwise those things are way way bigger than I expected.

Scanning the catalog, other dimensions that were identifiable (labeled
or fractional) were inches. Another problem - wire is all marked STR,
which I presume is stranded. If true they are not listed for and may or
may not work properly for solid.

bud-