Unquestionably Confused

Default How do I remove the spindle from my Delta Shaper??

on 10/28/2005 2:26 PM Toller said the following:
I just brought a 20 year old Delta 43-221 shaper. Unfortunately it did not
come with manual.

I "believe" I can remove the spindle and install a router collet in it's
place; but it beats me how that would be done. Any advice would be
appreciated. It appears to be exactly the same as the Grizzly GO510Z.
Maybe the spindle comes off the same way?

Try this:

http://www.owwm.com/MfgIndex/Publications.asp?ID=1141

They don't list your model number but they do list models to either side
of it. Read them all and if they all break down about the same, the
chances are good that yours will break down similarly.

Or... write to Delta. I wrote them years ago about the 14" Milwaukee
Delta BS I'd scored. They dug out an old owner's manual and parts list,
copied it and sent it off to me "no charge." They also were kind enough
to write up a little birth certificate for my saw which, it turned out,
was born a year or so before I was.g