joe2 joe2 is offline
Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonB
... I have seen comments and confusion over the years regarding the need to replace the 1023S fence with the upgraded Shop Fox or a Bies. ...
That would be me...confused / ignorant.

Ron-

Not a problem. Thanks for the input. I’m new to the world of quality table saws. All I had to go on were reviews, reports, forum threads; mostly stuff I guess should be considered ‘opinions’. That I would/could get something wrong is something I expected. Ironically, the neighbor across the street bought a Grizzly a couple weeks before me and didn’t say anything at the time. Now being able to see and compare a Griz and a Uni, I’d have no problem at all with owning either of them. Without doing a microscopic comparison, my initial impression is the Griz might be a better value, from a consumer’s perspective. Nonetheless, I still get tool-tingle from that Biesemeyer frence!