The Natural Philosopher

Default Underfloor heating

jerrybuilt wrote:

SC wrote:

we wanted to look at underflooor heating.

Any personal experience out there? Is it costly to run?
I like the idea as this will be a family room and we have
3 kids under 4, they spend so much time rollling round the
floor I thought it may be a good idea to warm the floor...

Any sane thoughts appreciated

I'm afraid that every time I have visited someone whose
house had underfloor, I have been very glad to get out
of it! I find it a horrible, very uncomfortable way of
heating. I wouldn't worrk about the children playing on
the floor, use clothes or carpets.

I have to say I entirely disagree. The warmth is just simply all
pervasive: There are no cold spots and its a delight to walk on with
bare feet.

The scret is to have a lot of pipework in there, and not to run it too hot.

Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com