Tim Killian

Default radon in basement

James Repetski wrote:
We did a radon test on our house and found it to be elevated to 6. We
were told that it should have read 4.

It is a big deal to correct this problem. We live in Central New Jersey
near Morristown,

Thank you

Jim

You are at the borderline for the EPA radon exposure standard. But many
feel that standard is set at a ridiculously low level. In other words
it's more a product of bureaucratic rectal extrapolation than real
science. Dr. Geno Saccomanno did extensive research on Radon exposure in
Uranium mines and he found that levels as high as 20 pCi/l have no
measurable effects unless the people exposed are heavy smokers.

Fixing the problem usually runs $2500 for a slab vacuum fan and ducts.
If it were me, I'd continue to monitor the levels, but I wouldn't bother
doing anything unless they increased dramatically.