mm

Default Compact Fluorescent light bulbs?

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:44:42 -0700, "Roger Taylor"
wrote:

Three years ago we changed about 40 bulbs throughout the house with compact
fluorescents, and only one has burnt out. The lights are instant-on, do not
flicker, are a pleasing yellow-white light,

I got a couple at a surplus store for 2 dollars a piece. I think they
were the previous generation.

Then two for a dollar each at a dollar store. Again, I think a
previous generation.

They have a blue white light. I wouldn't use them by themselves,
because I think the frequency range is too narrow. Of course I'm
thinking of other fluorescent lights that, for example, make someone
look ugly when that is the only light. Incandescent lights have a
wide range of frequencies.

So I use one in a big room with an incandescnent light in the other
fixture.

- the covered ones
only for exterior exposed areas.

I found one that looks like a floodlight in the trash. The glass was
broken, but I could just unscrew the whole cover and there was a
regular coiled CF bulb underneath.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.