Robertm

Default Compact Fluorescent light bulbs?

My TI solar calculator won't work with these bulbs. Wrong wavelength. So I
use double fixtures, one incandescent, one CFL and the calculator works ok.

Bob

"Walter R." wrote in message
My first batch of CFLs lasted 10 years. Some bulbs are still going strong.

They used to be ridiculously expensive. Recently stocked up at Albertsons
a 3 bulbs for $ 1.00 (26/100 Watts). Threw out all incandescents except a
few to use with dimmers.

At the prices shown at servicelighting.com it would seemingly take a
hundred years to see a measurable monetary benefit.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"BE" wrote in message
Howdy, anyone here have any experience with Compact Fluorescent light
bulbs? My wife just had an Oprah moment and is singing their praises.

http://www.servicelighting.com/catal...s-fluorescents

I'm sure that there is an energy saving, not sure about the type of
light - if its annoying to anyone etc.

Thanks...