PipeDown

Default Compact Fluorescent light bulbs?

"BE" wrote in message
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"louie" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently replaced a few of my incandescents with the compact
fluorescent type and they put out the same amount of light. At first
glance, the light appears to be more "yellow" than white, but I've
gotten used to it after a day or two. The good thing is that it isn't
the harsh "hard-white" light that's typically associated with
fluorescents. No noticeable flicker that some fluorescents can do too.
If the ratings on the bulb and EPA website are to be believed, it has
the same light output as a 60W bulb, but only requires 14W to do so.
So, it's a roughly a 60% savings per bulb.

Mine have a cold color. What brand are you using?

Yes, that's a good question. Do brands matter? Westinghouse, Panasonic,
Sylvania, TCP etc.?

I would expect brand and price (in the same store of the same brand) to
matter in respect to color and reliability. The major brands you listed are
probably similar in reliability (color?) but there are also plenty of off
brands especially at the lower price end. I get them for about $1 per bulb
because the power company discounts them (according to sticker on the
package) but these are not always in stock.