Jack

Default Compact Fluorescent light bulbs?

I have not had luck... I keep wanting them to work so I keep trying
them.. but none seem to last more than 6 months in my applications all
over the house. Regular bulbs at my house also tend to have a very
short life... may be flaky power supply (although I can think of no
reason for that.. I live in a suburb, and have never known of any
problems with our power supply) or my personal theory, my rough and
tumble kids tend to literally shake the house when they roughhouse...
so I am wondering if that leads to shortened lamp life (that may
explain fillament, but would excessive vibration effect the CF bulbs?)