Harry Muscle

Default Using Splicers and Tap Connectors with Aluminum Wiring instead of Twist On Wire Nuts?

I've been researching how to make my aluminum wired house safer without
actually rewiring it. I've posted several question before to do with
other ideas, however, I recently stumbled accross these products:

http://ebusiness.ilsco.com/webapp/wc...categoryId=210

and

http://ebusiness.ilsco.com/webapp/wc...categoryId=167

These are splicers designed for aluminum to copper connections and tap
connectors, which I'm assuming are bascially a splicer but made for
more than two wires. They come insulated which I've never seen before.

I've read previous recommendations about split bolt connectors and
splicers. These seem to be the connector choice for larger aluminum
wiring and has never really caused problems on those larger wires.
Basically I'm trying to stay away from using any twist on wire nuts on
any connection that has an aluminum wire in it ...

I'm wondering if anyone has ever done this sort of things or if there's
any information to back up my idea, etc.

Thanks,
Harry