Robatoy

Default Thread running off the rails.

In article ,
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Well, let's see now. Setting aside the entirely inappropriate, rude,
and vicious tone of this rant, let's review the rather significant
*good* things the religions he mentions have accomplished:

First things first.
I learned a long time ago to be on the look-out for red herrings and
straw men.
I do not admire the writer, please don't use the old transparent
"discredit/shoot the messenger" routine. I posted the link to that rant
to illustrate the ridiculousness in what motivates some people to chose
certain paths to destroy themselves and others. Irony with an edge.
Sorry you missed my point.

I have read your posts in the past with a great deal of interest and I
appreciate your reply again this time. You are absolutely correct that
many wonderful things have been done by selfless, committed religious
people. I am aware of that. To use your words: I have
met and know some of these people personally. They are remarkably
brave, devout, and humble people, [snip]

What are the odds of Bush becoming the poster boy for a religious
faction doing the right thing?