Brian Elfert

Default Refurbished Unisaws

Greg writes:

Is the Unisaw still worth having, or would a Grizzly 1023SL be a
better choice. Although I own many Delta tools, I haven't been very
happy with the last few Delta products or their customer (non) service
as of late.

I bought a refurbished Unisaw in 2002. The serial number indicated that
it was built in 1999. I would have thought it was brand new if I didn't
know it was a refurb.

In my case, it included the magnetic switch that usually costs several
hundred extra on a new one.

The 1999 models still had the metal cover over the motor.

The quality of the fit and finish is very good. I like to support made in
the USA when possible and it makes sense. (I'll buy the $3 chinese tool
for a one-time project instead of the USA made one that costs $12.)

Brian Elfert