Lobster

Default Adding restrictor to existing uPVC window

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message . net...
Could a childs safety lock that are fitted to kitchen cupboards be a basis
for an idea ( the kind when you open the doorway a little then depress

them
to open fully )

Would a horizontal steel bar protecting the low down bit look out of place?
I imagine it wouldn't look too bad in some (mostly modern) contexts.

I'd thought about that one but BCO said it would need to conform to
the 'child's head' test (ie need railings rather than a single rail);
and being an internally opening window it would need to be on the
outside, which BCO reckoned the planners would kick off about (maybe a
Rick Dipper - type trick could work though!!)

Thanks
David