Banty

Default Is my house at danger?

In article , Joshua Putnam
says...

In article .com,
says...
How about the construction engineer DOES find that my house has
foundation problems? Then, I have to disclose it to the new buyer when
I sell it (maybe several years down the way).

Or fix the problem and disclose an upgraded foundation. Not cheap,
but not prohibitively expensive if the rest of the house is in good
shape and the settlement is a small area. It was around $17,000 to
jack up our two-story wood-frame house, tear out the old foundation,
and pour a new one built to exceed earthquake code.

That was the whole foundation? Or a part of it?

But, yes, that's the answer. I went the route of getting an engineer's
inspection and recommendations, documented these, and followed them, and
documented that. One need only worry about disclosure to the next buyer if one
doesn't FIX the problem.

Banty