Default radon in basement

I've looked at a lot of houses with radon systems installed, abd there
is usually a way to do it that's not too invasive.

Get an estimate from a remediator, and they should come up with an
estimate of $1000-$2500. The system is usually a 6-8 inch PVC pipe
stuck through a hole punched into the middle of the basement slab,
there's a motor and fan in the pipe, and the pipe exhausts somewhere
outside the house (in a specific fashion, at a specific location).

I'm not sure if there are kits avail. to the 'public' for doing this,
if you're of a mind to try it yourself. The only real not-off-the-shelf
item is the fan-motor assembly, and the little manometer that tells you
its actually working.

The good thing about having enough radon that you need to install a
system, is that after you install it, you'll have far less radon than
someone who didn't need the system. Properly installed, the systems are
very effective.

A downside to doing it yourself is that you can't rtefer a future buyer
of your house to the installing company. Some people are very skittish
about a house that has a system.

Dave