TURTLE

Default Furnace pilot flame adjust

"RichK" wrote in message
k.net...
Hi All,

My furnace is about 30 years old Still works fine and does the job. I know
it's not as efficient as new models, but here in Midwest it's adequate.

Just had a good look at the pilot and it seems to be a much bigger flame
than say the water heater pilot. In fact the pilot is more like a plumbers
torch. It's wasting a lot of gas.

Are the pilots adjustable in any way? I don't want to tear into it, if it's
a lost cause.

Rich

This is Turtle.

This can be done but you would have to watch what you was doing and follow what
it should look like when tring to lower it. now here is something to look for
first and it could be the cause of the long pilot lite.

Dirty Jets which the blue flame will have somewhere in it a white or yellowish
color.

If you would like to e-masil about it here or on line here. what ever but it is
not a hard thing to do.

TURTLE