David Sizemore

Default OT Post Current Count - As Of 10/25/05

That's a good question. Unfortunately, no one I know has an answer. The
problem seemingly was smaller and less vicious before we invaded Iraq
2-1/2 years ago.

RIGHT.......WTC was bombed TWICE since then. ****in GWB and his damned
money grabbin war!

While it may not be true, it seems to me that our
invasion and continued occupation of that country has increased both
the numbers and intensity of Islamic haters in the world. It may have
just brought them to the surface, as I infer from your post, but the
problem is real and very likely to get worse. We don't seem to be doing
anything whatsoever to determine the causes, nor to correct the
condition, and, in fact, too many of those we have elected seem to
ignoring the problem altogether.

I think it takes education. Let's all get together and educate them
folks that "DEATH TO AMERICA" ain't right.

There is a poll by another poster that shows just how effective we are
in winning the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people. Does that phrase
seem familiar? Only 1% of the Iraqis feel more secure now than before
we toppled Saddam.

Wow!! what a wonderful poll. was it before or after the torture
stopped? Before or after the polls closed?

Something like 82% feel we don't belong there, a
point on which I happen to agree with them.

Bully for you. Of course we don't belong there, silly. That's why we
are carrying guns. We did have a responsibility to the world to get
rid fo Saddam, and now we have a responsibility to the world to ensure
the next elected warlord is not just as bad. Saddam bad. We all know
it. We all knew something had to be done. You chose to sit back and
wring your hands, distraught over what would happen. Others decided
that enough was enough.

Oddly enough, Iraq seems to be in far worse shape now than it was under
Saddam, and there is no indication of permanent improvement that I'm
able to see.

With what information used as a basis? I'm sure the millions of Kurds,
Shiites and Kuwatis might disagree.