tony sayer

Default Outdoor grade CAT 5 cable?

In article , asalcedo asalcedo.1xj68d@di
ybanter.com writes

Alan Deane Wrote:
Hello,

I need to get network access into my garage which is about 40m from
the
house. I've tried wireless but the signal is terrible in the garage
and
typically only 2mb/s at best.
So CAT 5 it is. Does anyone know of an outdoor grade cable, or should I
use
"normal" cable sheathed in garden hose or something?
Any other soultions people have used with success?

Many thanks,

Alan.

I installed a CAT 6 network at home. The part outdoors went inside a
PVC conduit cable.

Theres been a bit of CAT5 cable outside here exposed to the elements for
some 5 years now and it's still working fine, and another lump carries
the phone down to the shed and that was buried some 10 odd years ago and
is still fine

Perhaps they make it too well?.....
--
Tony Sayer