DanG

Default Door Lock

As Roger already told you, you will need a different lockset.
What you have now is called a passage lockset. It does not lock
from either direction. Usually the strike mechanism in the edge
of the door will have a brand name (schlage, kwiikset, or other)
You should be able to buy the same brand, but they are all pretty
standard. If you get the same brand you can probably leave the
existing strike in the door and change out the handles. Your
choices are a privacy set used on bathrooms, it can be locked on
the inside and usually has some type of hole to release the lock
on the outside. The other choice is a keyed lockset like your
front door.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Anupam" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

I am sorry if this is not exactly relevant to this group, but I
would
be really thankful if I could an info about this :

I have an existing door knob (infact 2) in my room and I need a
lock
for them..I dont want to drill or do anything with the door or
with the
walls. Are there any products in the market which would fit on
the door
knob as it is, for locking it ?

I'll be thankful for your reply.

Regards
Anupam

P.S If you think this message is more relevant to some other
group from
where I can get more information, can you please recommend me
one ?
Thanks !