Joseph Meehan

Default Furnace - increase air intake.

wrote:
Mark wrote:
I have added a fresh air intake into the return ducts. When the
furnace is running it pulls some fresh air in from outside and heats
it and sends it to the house. This air ultimatly replaces the
combustion air and also slightly presurizes the house reducing
drafts etc.

I like the fresh air feel you get when the furnace kicks on..

Mark

That's an awsome idea!

Thanks

I don't know how isolated your furnace is from the rest of your home.
Many are blocked off and have a vented door to them Some people like to
block those vents. If your furnace is blocked off in its own room I suggest
adding a fresh air vent to that room. Think dryer vent, but make sure it is
designed to let air in as most dryer vents only allow air out.

When you have a dryer, bath fan etc on you need to have makeup air come
back into your home somehow. Many new homes are so tight they don't allow
enough air to come in and need a little help.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit