Swingman

Default OT Post Current Count - As Of 10/25/05

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Somehow, I have a feeling this is the best time of year in much of
Texas.

It is ... just walked in from opening the doors on the shop and it was a
perfect 59. Nice to be able to work without ending the day looking like a
harness lathered plow horse.

It usually is, here, too, but it's been kind of weird this year,
warm late and almost no color to be seen in the woods. We drove up on
the Blue Ridge Parkway yesterday, took the dog and the camera scouting
sites to shoot classic cars, and my wife brought snacks. The wind was
so strong I thought it would blow our hair off when we located a table.
One thing for sure, there was no competition for the picnic tables
anywhere we stopped!

We basically have two colors here in Texas, live and dead. The wife's from
AR and keeps telling me how pretty the colors are this time of year ...
unfortunately, that's one of life's little pleasures entirely lost on me.

My favorite summer time locale in the US thus far is Wisconsin, up around
Cable.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/05