Alan Deane

Default Outdoor grade CAT 5 cable?

"Alan Deane" wrote in message

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:40:29 +0000 (UTC), Frank Erskine
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:22:28 GMT, "Alan Deane"
wrote:

Hello,

I need to get network access into my garage which is about 40m from the
house. I've tried wireless but the signal is terrible in the garage and
typically only 2mb/s at best.
So CAT 5 it is. Does anyone know of an outdoor grade cable, or should I
use
"normal" cable sheathed in garden hose or something?
Any other soultions people have used with success?

Many thanks,

Alan.

I'm told that these people do external grade PE-sheathed CAT6 cable:-

www.wadsworth.co.uk

In fact here's the page. It's Cat 5e actually...

http://www.wadsworth.co.uk/catalogue..._5e_Cable.html

--
Frank Erskine

Thanks, I've requested a price from them.

Alan.

£47.57 + VAT for a 305m (1000') roll. Not too bad then.
Black outer sheath is better for SWMBO friendlyness also!