Andy Hall

Default Outdoor grade CAT 5 cable?

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:22:28 GMT, "Alan Deane"
wrote:

Hello,

I need to get network access into my garage which is about 40m from the
house. I've tried wireless but the signal is terrible in the garage and
typically only 2mb/s at best.
So CAT 5 it is. Does anyone know of an outdoor grade cable, or should I use
"normal" cable sheathed in garden hose or something?
Any other soultions people have used with success?

Many thanks,

Alan.

Some small external antennas for the access points?

You can configure the access points as point to point mode and create
a separate wired network in the garage, or if for one device just add
the external antenna to the card.

--

..andy