Charles Bull

Default Current Count - As Of 10/25/05

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:49:16 -0400, Tom Watson wrote:

Keep on posting....

2000 Young Americans have now died since the beginning of this "War".

Why is it important to post this here?

21 more young Americans have died since I last posted the count, a
week ago.

Why is it important to post this here?

The demographics of the Wreck are very interesting.

We are old enough to have served in other wars.

We are old enough to have children and grandchildren who might be
called to serve in this "War".

We are old enough to know better.

We vote, we are smart, and we can make a difference if we try.

Why is it important to post this here?

The killing of our children in a "War" that has been entered into
without regard for probable cause, without a clear purpose, without a
description of victory - is no war that we want our children to be
involved in.

To those who would say that, "They enlisted, they know the mission." -
watch the current advertising for the military on television.

Is there a mention of dismemberment? Do they advertise the
possibility of death? Do the ads have the degree of disclosure of
possibilities that we would demand from those who would sell us drugs,
food, and tools?

Why is it important to post this here?

Yes, I have been big on keeping the Wreck free of political discourse.

This is not about politics.

This is about the lives of our children and grandchildren.

Some arguments transcend boundaries that once were useful.

Why is it important to post this here?

Isn't it obvious? And, yes, I will post an update every week, so set
your filters, if you are of such a mind.

For those who have served in the military, I would encourage them to
read the words of a man who grew up in my home town. A two time
Congressional Medal Of Honor recipient. A Marine who should have been
Commandant - but was too honest:

http://lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)