Martin H. Eastburn

Default Keyless chucks for hand drills

One note that many don't know - the instructions say to tighten completely
with your hand. That is with the drill turned off. So many zip the drill
in by pulling the trigger. This breaks down the locking area and the chuck fails.

I've been doing it that way ever since I read the manual - on my new drill :-)
and it has been very good in holding drills in jamming and tight metal or wood.

Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
I'd like to get a good keyless chuck for a hand drill. By "good", I
mean one that won't slip when drilling. I have several different
chucks, including a Jacobs "Hand Tite", and they all slip.

The latest Milwaukee drills have good chucks, but they require a locking
spindle, 'cause they just have a single sleeve.

A friend has a Craftsman 19.2v cordless with a chuck that holds and I
can get it from Sears parts, but I was wondering if there are any other
good ones that you guys like.

Bob

Oh, it has to have 3/8-24 (female) mount and preferably 3/8 capacity.