Default What I used to do in that situation...

Mel wrote:
I put two standard 25-40 watt light bulbs in my pump house every winter to
keep things from freezing. Is there a longer lasting bulb out there? These
usually of out mid-winter and I have to make sure I catch it or I could have
problems.

I read where putting in European Bulbs that run off 230volts, run at our 115
last a long time. Only problem, where do I get these bulbs if they are the
solution?

First, use raychem frostex heat tape where I could. It's not cheap,
but it's very durable, effective, and very easy to install. Google for
it, and get the 50' truck-pack.

Next, where I couldn't, I installed two 40W bulbs. One bulb was on a
photocell. The photocell was just a cheap (under $10.00) doohickey
designed to make a light come on at night. One end screwed into the
bulb socket and the bulb screwed into a socket in the photocell.

So, now I had a backup!