SQLit

Default Furnace - increase air intake.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Recently I had a HVAC person check my furnace and as always they
suggest getting a new one in a few years. When he had explained how
the new furnace would be better, the main difference he had pointed out
was that the new furnace would have a bigger air inlet. I was
wondering if it would be wise or unwise to drill a few holes in the
furnace cover to increase the air fow to the burners (of course with
the furnace turn off and the cover removed). Would this make the mix
air rich and cause incomplete combustion creating CO2 gases or would it
burn better creating less emissions and save money.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Carl

There is one hell of a difference in combustion air and return air grill.
New standards for combustion air will apply to any new installed gas
appliances. Check the UPC online.

drilling holes in the cover,,,,,,,,,,,, REALLY BAD IDEA.