Kickstart

Default Roofer's Contract Spec'ed #30 felt paper, but used #15 instead -- Suggestions?

My mother had her house re-foofed and as I was cleaning up the yard I
found a felt paper wrapper for the 15 lbs kind. I had read the contract
and it called for 30, so I was really concerned my Mom had been ripped
off. I looked it up on the internet and confirmed it was definitely #15
(Esgard No.15 Asphalt Felt Plain).

the roof may have been done with 2 layers of 15 , arguably equal or better
than 1 layer of 30
All you have to do is ask.
Also all felt may have been 30, the wrapper may not be directly from your
home , Ask

They may have run out of 30 and finished 1 section with a piece of 15, you
could ask.
Some shingle mfgs insist on shingles being installed over 15 lb felt as
stated on the wrapper instructions
I'dbe more concerned that the shingles were nailed to code and flashing
installed and cemented properly

kickstart