Joseph Meehan

Default dryer squeaks

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:
Mark Corbelli wrote:
The drum on my Maytag dryer has begun to sqeak. What can I do to
lube it?

Hi,

Model#, approx age??

The "drum" won't likely squeak...but the drum support wheels may. Belt
won't squeak either...idler pulley and motor are next common trouble
makers.

I don't know how common it is, but belts can cause a squeak, at least
mine did. Replacing the belt and nothing else cleared up the noise. I
might add that the belt did need replacement and if the OP's original belt
needs replacement then doing so is a good free (it is due anyway) idea. If
it does not work, at least you got a new belt.

Lube -usually- won't last long and may attract dust/dirt. Replacing
the effected part(s) is usually best.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/