Jeff Wisnia

Default dryer squeaks

Mark Corbelli wrote:
The drum on my Maytag dryer has begun to sqeak. What can I do to lube it?

FWIW my GE dryer started to squeek mightily and an open up and look see
revealed a safety pin stuck in the felt front drum "bearing" strip. It
was being rubbed on by the drum's bearing surface.

Probably, because over 30 years ago I got in the habit of using safety
pins to join my dirty socks at the toes before I tossed them in the
laundry bin.

Don't trouble yourself telling me they make plastic gizmos for holding
pairs of socks together in the wash, I know that already. But, safety
pins work well enough for me and one squeeking dryer drum in all those
years is below my cutoff limit anyway. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)