Nehmo

Default Roofer's Contract Spec'ed #30 felt paper, but used #15 instead -- Suggestions?

- Nehmo -
You’re posting anonymously and you’re not naming roofing company;
thus, you’re chicken, and because of that you’re unlikely to get any
remedy.

-Todd H -
Nehmo's is either a troll,

- Nehmo -
I think I'm one, but what difference does it make? I could be a troll, a
terrorist, or a tuba player. If you want to attack, you need to go to
the merits.

-Todd H -
or the sort of person who'd do a job like
the one the OP is trying to remedy.

- Nehmo -
Now, how does that follow? If one of my guys made a hole in a customer's
roof, I certainly would make sure the customer understood that the event
would require additional resources. But I'm a reasonable contractor.
Something like that wouldn't cost the customer too much more.

-Todd H -
People post anonymously because to name themselves and the roofing
company would be making a faulty assumption that the roofing company
might not hear about it, and thus undermine their cause.

- Nehmo -
Most of the time they post anonymously because they're cowards. I know;
I've done it a few hundred times.

And isn't the defense of the anonymousness up to the one who is
anonymous? I challenged him, and he chickened again.

-Todd H -
And, for the
purpose of the discussion, does it matter who these individuals are?

- Nehmo -
Yes. It's not a hypothetical discussion. There is a real roofing company
that others may use of may have used. OP is selfishly not alerting them
and he is inhibiting potential first-hand advice.

Moreover, credibility counts. Anonymous cowards don't have much.

-Todd H -
And anyone who wouldn't try to be their parent's advocate when dealing
with the service industry (which has a not-terribly-flattering record
on giving a fair shake to older folks) is simply a ****ty son or
daughter.

- Nehmo -
Lots of sons try to compensate for years of inconsiderateness to mom by
posing as her saver from some third party. Often these kids are still
getting money form mom.

--