The Q

Default Electric pylons... are they noisy?

Snip

Well there is a cottage a few miles from here that sits right underneath
a twin 33 kV line. FWIW over 10 years three occupants there have died
from various cancers...
--
Tony Sayer
Considering one in three of us will get cancer in our lifetime the chances

of this happening somewhere in the country are quite high!!!.

Me I've worked in high voltage electronics all my life and believe the risks
are "B.........T" as an example near where I used to live there was a
campaign to stop a mobile phone mast because of the " danger" several
hundred yards away was a major radar station pumping megawatts into the air
for the last 50 years Problems ...NIL.
The High Voltage pylons will suffer from, arcing over the ceramic isolators
in the rain some "mains hum" can be heard occasionally. The wind may make
more noise over the cables, and the pylons may interfere with TV /Radio
reception.

THE Q