Gunner Asch

Default pallet jack repair - parts avail? special tools needed?

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:54:20 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Ignoramus5533 wrote:
I would not mess with getting broken pallet jacks and repairing
them. Just not worth the time. You can get a working one for $140.

If, contrary to my advice, you decide to acquire a broken pallet jack,
do not pay more than $5.

But do bear in mind that pallet jacks aren't all born equal. Some will
prove rugged and durable and others will fall to bits if you use them a
lot. If you find a good quality jack with a simple fault, you could be
on to a winner. But it's a project for someone with an abundance of time
and ingenuity and little money. Ask around and you might get a broken
jack free.

Chris

I got my pallet jack by using forklift to hoist it out of the
dumpster I found it in. Rear wheel was broken in half. I simply
machined a new one out of an aluminum round, put in a bronze bushing
and a grease zerk. Cost of the materials was nothing..stuff I had on
hand. My time...time spent on machining and building...hobby time..is
free (to me). It was an intersting project, so I call it a
win-win..for me.

Your mileage may vary

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner