Don T. Spam

Default Roofer's Contract Spec'ed #30 felt paper, but used #15 instead --Suggestions?

My mother had her house re-foofed and as I was cleaning up the yard I
found a felt paper wrapper for the 15 lbs kind. I had read the contract
and it called for 30, so I was really concerned my Mom had been ripped
off. I looked it up on the internet and confirmed it was definitely #15
(Esgard No.15 Asphalt Felt Plain).

After some more research, it seems it's not as serious of a cheat to use
15 instead of 30 on a low pitched roof like my Mom's, but I'm still
****ed they'd take advantage of her like that.

My opinion of this particular roofer is already pretty low after finding
a huge gash on the patio roof that they made and slapped a piece of
icegard on it. They seem to think there's little chance of us going up
on the roof to check it out....

I've already complained about the hole and they've agreed to come back
and fix it properly. Should I even bother bringing up the felt paper?
Other than these two discoveries, the roofing job looks okay. Does
Northeast Ohio need 30 pound felt paper?

Is this kind of thing common?