Joseph Meehan

Default leaky water shut-off valve

wrote:
I turn water off to my sprinker system every fall from the basement.
The valve is a handle type that turns 90 degrees to turn water on or
off. I now have a slow leak when I shut down the system.

Is there a way to repair the shut-off valve or must I cut it out and
replace it?

Where is it leaking? If it is around the handle, it is fixable. The
packing needs replaced. Any DIY book will show you some nice photos of how
to approach that problem. Buy one, it will pay for itself. On the other
hand, I don't know of any way to repair it if it is actually leaking from
the supply side to the delivery side.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit