Joseph Meehan

Default warranty question: double-pane windows with moisture between the panes

Jack wrote:
First, I have my actual written warranty for the double-paned windows
on my house; and the windows are still within the period that the
window manufacturer will 100% replace any windows with seal failures.
I've owned the windows for less than 5 years. These are likely
less-expensive double-paned windows that the builder installed.

I want to be reasonable with the manufacturer, and so here is what
I've done so far.

First, I cleaned all of the windows on my house, and inspected them
for different grades of moisture between the panes.

1 - visible small droplets / fog in the window - no ambiquity of seal
failure

2 - mild streaks of fog with a few small spots of heavier moisture

3 - mild streaks of fog visible between the panes, no visible droplets

4 - few streaks of fog visible

5 - window looks fine

Now, I went around my home and graded each window.

Question: For the above grades, what do you think is reasonsable to
expect the window manufacturer to replace under warranty due to seal
failures?

I'm thinking of definitely pushing for all of the 1s and 2s. I'm not
as sure about pushing for the 3s and 4s.

Any indication of moisture is too much. There should not none at all.

Thanks.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit