Art

Default roof flashing

I bet if you get the downspout from the upper roof piped to the ground
instead of the lower roof most of your problems will be eliminated. To do
more you would have to peel off the siding. I would fix the downspout and
paint the back inch of the brick with water proofing and see if that fixes
it. Theoretically, you should have weep holes and flashing where your studs
hit the foundation wall and that should be enuf to handle thelittle bit of
water still making thru. But I bet they weren't built properly either.
That is why I never again will go with a brick veneer home.

"bill" wrote in message
http://www.geocities.com/bill260/gutter.html
Hi: link shows picture of problem. Lower garage roof ties into
side of house. I have step flashing under the vinyl siding and under
each row of asphalt shingles. At roof edge , brick wall sticks out
about one inch and water is getting into it. some how i guess i have
to tie flashing into the brick coursing?? any ideas. thanks bill