Colbyt

Default roof flashing

"Pasar" wrote in message
bill wrote in
:

http://www.geocities.com/bill260/gutter.html
Hi: link shows picture of problem. Lower garage roof ties into
side of house. I have step flashing under the vinyl siding and under
each row of asphalt shingles. At roof edge , brick wall sticks out
about one inch and water is getting into it. some how i guess i have
to tie flashing into the brick coursing?? any ideas. thanks bill

You didn't ask this, but from my viewpoint, the downspout from the top
floor should go to the ground and not to the lower roof. It looks "funny"
the way it's set up. I think you are adding more water to the lower roof
than is necessary.

I completely agree with the above. This step alone may get you through till
Spring if necesaary.

I am not completely sure what the brick pocket Robert is referring to looks
like but the water that is coming down the the roof and that which is in the
j-channel, which looks like it is cut short, needs to be diverted to the
gutter. I could make the pieces needed but I doubt that I can tell you how.

Colbyt