James Sweet

Default Camcorder Blues

wrote:
I have a strange problem with my JVC GR-AXM70 VHS-C Camcorder. When it
is powered up it comes on but within a second or two after hitting
record or play it dies as if the battery is dead. The batteries still
show a full charge after the machine dies! I can turn it off and leave
it a few minutes and it will do the same thing again. Or I can remove
and reinstall the battery and it will power back up and do the same
thing again. The strange thing is that it works great on AC power. I
have tried several different batteries even new ones with no luck. Any
ideas out there?

Thanks,

JP

Two things I can think of, either the battery monitoring circuitry is
faulty so it thinks the battery is dead, or the battery has a bad cell
in it with high internal resistance so it checks fine but droops under load.